We’re on the look out for Packers at our Havelock processing site where upskilling is encouraged!
We are looking for someone who wants to develop a career in seafood manufacturing and who has the hands-on aptitude to learn, grow and advance in our workplace. You will be a key part of a strong and supportive team, and your positive attitude, solid attendance, and excellent work ethic will be recognised and rewarded within the business.
At Sanford we offer a work environment that is focused on the Safety, Health and Wellbeing of our employees, and are committed to recruiting, training, developing, and retaining high quality employees.
About the role:
This role is critically important to ensure only high-quality product is supplied to our customers. You will be responsible for packing the final product into our retail boxes. It is a fast pace but fun environment to work in. The pack room has a number of different tasks based around preparing the product for retail – experience with print and apply labelers and / or inkjet labelers would be beneficial.
Previous food processing experience would be advantageous, but is not necessary as full training will be provided.
There are both day and night shift positions available. Working hours are Monday to Friday:
- Day shift runs from 06:00am to 15:30pm
- Night shift runs from 16:30pm to 02:00am
What you need to be successful in this role:
- You need to be self-motivated and have good hand eye coordination. Reliability is a key requirement for this role, and you will need to be able to travel to Havelock daily if you don’t live locally.
- You need to be self-disciplined and ensure that you complete physical stretches in line with the planned stops, but also when there are opportunities in natural breaks in production.
- Physical fitness is an important prerequisite for this role as it requires standing for long periods of time – in slots of about 3 hours at a time.
What we can offer you:
- Job Security and stability- we continue to operate as an essential business
- Earn as you Learn- you’ll earn more as you learn different skills – a pathway of continuous development and pay progression
- A friendly place to work-we pride ourselves on having a family feel and giving the recognition that is deserved for working hard
- Staff sales and discounts of available seafood
- Our amazing facility – it’s a factory but not as you know it! The environment is spotless and has some beautiful views over the Marlborough Sounds.
- Dedicated Cafeteria with hot tea and coffee provided
- Staff referral scheme- you get a bonus for referring a future employee!
- Annual health checks and support from EAP services to make sure your wellbeing comes first
If you are passionate the above position and think you are up to the challenge, please forward a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and background to email@example.com