This exciting and unique role is a shift position working nights from midnight to 09:30am Tuesdays to Saturdays. This is a great opportunity to work and still be able to do the school run or be at home with the kids during the day.
Together at Sanford we are proud of our extensive seafood history and our position as New Zealand’s largest integrated fishing and aquaculture business. Our vision is Leadership in New Zealand Seafood, achieving this through a values led approach of care, passion, integrity and achieving together in all that we do.
At Sanford we offer a work environment that is focused on the Safety, Health and Wellbeing of our employees, and are committed to recruiting, training, developing, and retaining high quality employees.
About the role:
This is a physically active role requiring the correct handling of chemicals, pressure sprayers and water hoses. Machinery, belts and other equipment are dismantled, cleaned, sanitized and re-assembled. This is a critically important role ensuring the Factory is cleaned according to the required food safety standards within the required time frames to allow day shift processing to start on time. You are responsible for maintaining hygiene standards for all equipment and machinery.
In this position you will become a big cog in the wheel that is the night shift pack room department.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Reliability is key
- You will need a driver’s licence and your own reliable transport, and you must be able and comfortable to work at night.
- You must be comfortable working in wet conditions and with the use of chemicals. Some industrial cleaning experience would be advantageous but is not necessary as full training and PPE is provided.
What we can offer you:
- Job Security and stability- we continue to operate as an essential business
- Earn as you Learn- you’ll earn more as you learn different skills – a pathway of continuous development and pay progression
- A friendly place to work-we pride ourselves on having a family feel and giving the recognition that is deserved for working hard
- Staff sales and discounts of available seafood
- Our amazing facility – it’s a factory but not as you know it! The environment is spotless and has some beautiful views over the Marlborough Sounds.
- Dedicated Cafeteria with hot tea and coffee provided
- Staff referral scheme- you get a bonus for referring a future employee!
- Annual health checks and support from EAP services to make sure your wellbeing comes first
- Full training provided
If you are passionate the above position and think you are up to the challenge, you can apply on line or please forward a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and background to firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply now!
For consideration you will need to be eligible to work in New Zealand. As part of our recruitment process pre-employment checks may include criminal history check, drug and alcohol testing and a medical assessment.