We have positions available with our Havelock Farming Support Services Department – Yard Worker, Senior Yard Worker and Yard Operators.
Together at Sanford we are proud of our extensive seafood history and our position as New Zealand’s largest integrated fishing and aquaculture business. Our vision is Leadership in New Zealand Seafood, achieving this through a values led approach of care, passion, integrity and achieving together in all that we do.
About the role:
An opportunity for staff positions has become available between day and night shifts based in Havelock Farming Support Services (FSS) department working a four day on, four day off rostered shift pattern. Playing an integral role with a wide variety of tasks involved with Mussel Farming operations.
– Duties include all aspects of land based production for goods and services for operational and the wider aquaculture industry requirements.
– Varying levels of skill and knowledge within Mussel Farming and the Aquaculture industry will determine the appropriate positions.
– Assist administration and supervisors as needed while maintaining Environmental / Health & Safety compliance requirements.
– Opportunities to support regional FSS Operations as well
What do I need to be successful in this role?
This position will be best suited to someone who does not mind hard work and long shift patterns. Willing to go the extra mile, flexible and adaptable to change.
– You must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
– It is very important to be fit, healthy, and energetic as well as a team player due to the nature of the position.
– Health & safety is key to everyone who works for Sanford so if you apply for this role you need to be able to demonstrate a commitment to this.
– Having some time working in, or knowledge of the mussel farming industry, forklift or Class 2 Truck qualifications would be advantageous but are not essential.
What can we offer you:
Sanford is a diverse and adaptable business offering strong leadership and resource to our people.
– -The beautiful Marlborough Sounds and Top of the South region is an amazing place to work.
– Providing you a safe and enjoyable workplace is paramount to Sanford.
– A role with plenty of variety, a chance to learn new skills and a career pathway.
– Opportunities abound.
If you are passionate about the outdoors and think you are up to the challenge, please forward a copy of your CV and a cover letter by clicking apply now.
For consideration you will need to be eligible to work in New Zealand. As part of our recruitment process pre-employment checks may include criminal history check, drug and alcohol testing and a medical assessment. You will also be required to be fully vaccinated via the Pfizer BioNTech Covid-19 vaccination, or any other vaccine approved for use in New Zealand by the Ministry of Health to protect a person against Covid-19.