We have positions available with our Havelock Farming Support Services Department – Yard Worker, Senior Yard Worker and Yard Operators.
Havelock Farming Support Services (FSS) supports a busy and growing mussel farming operational division of Sanford.
Several opportunities have become available for a Yard Worker/Operator working on dayshift from 06:00 to 18:00 or alternatively nightshift 18:00 to 06:00. This is full time permanent position working on a four days on, four days off shift work pattern. You will be a key part of a strong and supportive team, and your positive attitude, solid attendance, and excellent work ethic will be recognised and rewarded within the business.
In this role you will be an all-rounder in FSS Havelock while supporting the Farming operations through Sanford’s core business values of Care, Passion, and Integrity. This position will be best suited to someone who doesn’t mind hard work and long shift patterns, willing to go the extra mile, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Perform duties that include all aspects of land-based production for goods and services for operational and the wider aquaculture industry requirements.
- Varying levels of skill and knowledge within Mussel Farming and the Aquaculture industry will determine the appropriate positions.
- Assist administration and supervisors as needed while maintaining Environmental / Health and Safety compliance requirements.
- Opportunities to support regional FSS Operations and move into vessel work as a floater.
- Carrying out all tasks involved with Land Based mussel farming which include working in float production, rope production, stocking production, yard production, bag mending, and recycling.
- Safely operate equipment and follow standard operating procedures everyday.
- A large amount of the work is outside; you must be weather resistant.
- It is very important to be fit, healthy, and energetic as well as a team player due to the nature of the position.
- Assist with any duties in the designated area as assigned by the Supervisor.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in forklift operations. Forklift or Class 2 Truck licenses would be advantageous but are not essential.
- Hands on experience in the Aquaculture and Mussel industry is advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, a great attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Have good mechanical aptitude with strong attention to detail, safety, and reliability.
- Have a flexible approach to ensure the job gets done right the first time and to ensure quality.
- Be motivated with a hunger to learn new skills, challenge yourself and progress your career. Ability to move into vessel work.
- Have the ability to work independently, whilst working towards achieving team goals.
What we can offer:
- Job Security and stability- we continue to operate as an essential business.
- Attractive remuneration and allowances dependent on your role.
- Work life balance, working four days on and four days off.
- Earn as you Learn- a pathway of continuous development and pay progression.
- A friendly place to work-we pride ourselves on having a family feel and giving the recognition that is deserved for working hard.
- Staff sales and discounts on available seafood.
- No office job! Beautiful views over the Marlborough Sounds.
- Staff referral scheme- you get a bonus for referring a future employee!
- Join a company that leads with values and sustainability.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the Sanford team. Please forward a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and background to firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply now!
For consideration you will need to be eligible to work in New Zealand. As part of our recruitment process pre-employment checks may include criminal history check, drug and alcohol testing and a medical assessment.